(Gardening, Environmental, and Outdoor Education)
Visit the AALC GEO-Ed blog to read more about recent projects and plans.
What is GEO-Ed?
The Gardening, Environmental, and Outdoor Education Committee (GEO-Ed) brings together teachers, students, and parent volunteers to support AALC’s charter goal of providing an excellent and rich environmental education program.
What do we do?
1. Make sure there are live plants inside and out for students to nurture.
2. Plan and plant new gardens and small orchards.
3. Help maintain existing gardens and outdoor spaces.
4. Support teachers’ efforts to garden and study gardening in classroom plots and themed gardens.
5. Support teachers’ efforts to include outdoor education in a natural setting.
How can you help?
There are many ways to get involved:
1. Come to a meeting and join the discussion.
2. Donate supplies.
3. Help maintain the outdoor spaces of AALC (any little bit helps).
4. Adopt a garden or partner with a teacher to improve their garden space.
5. Teach a GEO-Ed enrichment.
Donation Wish List
Help support AALC’s GEO-Ed program by donating one of the following items:
- Flower and vegetable seeds
- Seed starting mix
- Landscape fabric
- Metal garden stakes (for pinning landscape fabric)